Sunday, June 23, 2013

Peace Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

Peace Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi


St Francis ,Assisi, animals, plants, unwanted, Leslie Godbold, positively living show
St Francis of Assisi,
animals and the environment 


morning notes from Leslie Godbold ~

Oh What a wonderful Sunday morning, I hope you are enjoying it. I am!
I would like to share a few things with you......

 I am often asked and I ask of Others, "What gives you peace, joy, faith, etc?"

Our Father in Heaven of course gives me these things. Additionally My family, friends, and especially people who share of themselves with testimonies, stories, thoughts, prayer needs and themselves give. Is there anything more trusting, faithful and loving then to be trusted with a prayer request? I believe that is such a gift and a responsibility. 
Hold true to that responsibility by keeping that prayer in your prayer list. Often we may agree to honor their prayer need but our busy lives move us through thousands of thoughts during the remainder of that day. 
A Practice that I have learned, may help you as it does me. When a prayer request is received, Say a prayer then and there. After all, a whisper to God is heard at any time and any place.
After the prayer, write it in your little book. ( I keep mine in my purse) In my morning and evening prayer times, I have the list with me so no one's important need is not pled to our Father. I know you are thinking "Leslie only has planned prayer times" I have morning and evening times plus my favorite is my outside middle of the day time. (I can't always have my mid day time but it is my favorite!) Then again, I treasure the little talks between my Father and I at any moments. But back to fulfilling other's prayer needs....the above actions help me. What helps you fulfill prayer needs? 

Continuing with the question  "What gives you peace, joy, faith, etc?"
thought I would share with you, my twice daily prayer that is the air in my lungs and song in my heart. Here it is:


Peace Prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O divine master, grant that I may not
So much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
In pardoning that we are pardoned,
And in dying that we are born to eternal life.
             ~The End~

What is your favorite prayer, verse or other inspiration? "What gives you peace, joy, faith, etc?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment